“To remember a successful salad
is generally to remember a successful dinner;
at all events,
the perfect dinner includes the perfect salad.”
~ George Ellwanger
I have never enjoyed making salads as much as I do now;
it’s because I get to eat the bowl, I guess 😋
Today it’s Chicken and Grilled Nectarine Salad;
sweet, juicy, crisp and crunchy, ready for lunch or dinner!
Last night’s leftovers make a great base for this salad.
Let’s bake the Tortilla Bowls
- 2 torilla wraps
- Cooked chicken leg
- 1 nectarine, sliced with skin on
- Little gem lettuce leaves, shredded
- 5 Baby carrots
- 6 black olives
- Handful of beans sprouts
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Olive oil, to brush and drizzle
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Some fresh coriander leaves
Now grill the nectarine segments.
Prep the vegetables for the salad.
First layer, then season.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Brush the tortilla with 1 tsp olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and arrange in an upturned muffin tin.
- Add a circle of parchment paper to the centre of the tortilla and fill with ceramic baking beans, to stop it from puffing up.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes until the tortilla starts to brown, lift out the parchment and baking beans, then bake for a further minute.
- Remove the from the oven, and switch the oven to grill mode.
- Place the nectarine segments on foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper, then grill to warm and char slightly.
- Chop the cooked chicken leg into bit sized pieces.
- Shred the lettuce, halve the olives and quarter the baby carrots.
- Arrange the lettuce, carrots and bean sprouts in the tortilla bowl and season.
- Top with the chopped chicken, nectarine slices, olives, then season this layer.
- Drizzle over some olive oil, squeeze on some fresh lemon juice and add a few coriander leaves.
- Ready to eat….bowl included.
Now chop the chicken.
Fill the bowl, season again,
then drizzle on olive olive and lemon.
No chicken 😬
Plenty of other variations:
Egg & Baby Corn Cantaloupe Melon & Feta Smoked Ham & Salsa
I’m loving my Salad Days,