“Because you don’t live near a bakery
doesn’t mean you have to go without cheesecake.”
~ Hedy Lamarr
This lime and ginger cheesecake is super-light and no-bake.
This recipe makes 2 individual tarts.
Lime, stem ginger and a touch of dark chocolate…yum 😋
My Ginger Nut Biscuits make for a perfect base.
- 100g ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- 250g mascarpone
- 2 tbs stem ginger and syrup from the jar
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- Dark chocolate curls
Brush with melted butter and line with parchment.
Crush the biscuits, add the melted butter and mix.
Smooth the biscuit base and chill.
- Brush the bottom of a small tart tin with some of the melted butter and place a round of greaseproof paper in the base.
- Crush the biscuits using a rolling pin, add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Tip the biscuit mix into the tart tin, using the back of a spoon, gently push the crumbs from the centre, or use a straight edged glass to smooth out the biscuit base. Chill in the freezer, while the filling is prepared.
- In a large bowl, mix the stem ginger and syrup through the mascarpone.
- Fold in the grated lime zest and juice to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin on top of the chilled biscuit mixture, scatter on some dark chocolate curls and add a final sprinkle of lime zest.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Mix the stem ginger, fold in the zest and juice,
then spoon on the chilled biscuit base.
Use a knife to make chocolate curls,
then grate for finer shavings.
Decorate with chocolate and lime.
Chill, remove from the tin and serve.
Okay….just two small pieces to start with…