could have made a better berry,
than the strawberry,
but doubtless God never did.”
~ William Allen Butler
I love strawberries 🍓
and they are now in season in the UK.
These complimentary-coloured fruits
will deliver the zing in this fruity jam.
- 400g strawberries
- 2 limes, juice & zest
- 200g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 2 tbs Cointreau
- Grinding of black pepper
Oh yum…I want one!
In with the lime juice and zest.
Add the warmed jam sugar.
- Remove the stalks and hull the strawberries, zest and juice the limes.
- Put the strawberries, zest and juice in a pan and watch the fruit cook down
- Add the warmed sugar and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Cointreau and a grinding of black pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting a point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars, cool, the pop in the fridge.
Now add the Cointeau and black pepper.
Have your sterilised jars at the ready.
I think I may need to make some jam tarts and scones!