“There are four basic food groups:
plain chocolate, milk chocolate,
dark chocolate and white chocolate.”
~ Jill Shalvis
Let’s start in reverse order!
Actually, white chocolate is my husband’s favourite,
so these cookies are an indulgent treat for him 😋
Cream the butter sugar and vanilla, then beat in the egg.
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g soft butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 50g chopped pistachio nuts
- 50g roughly chopped white chocolate
Fold in the flour mix now.
Just look at the vanilla beans in this white chocolate!
Let’s chip this chocolate…no nibbling mind!
In go the pistachios, chocolate, then mix to make cookie dough.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix till just combined so as not to overwork the dough. Stir through the nuts and chocolate.
- Roll into golf-ball size rounds and place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly with your hand. Remember to leave plenty of room between them as they will spread.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Roll, flatten, bake and cool on a wire tray.
Dusted and ready to serve…
I love seeing the nuggets of pistachio and white chocolate…mmm.