“This classic Thai sauce is fabulous
for dipping, or try it in a dressing.”
Spicy and sweet, easy to make,
what more could you want?
Let get started!
How colourful is this?
- 6 red chillies,
- Small piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- Small bunch coriander, leaves only
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 tbs Thai fish sauce
- 4 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato purée
This smells amazing!
Boil the sugar and water to make the syrup
- Grind the chillies, ginger, lime zest and juice, garlic and coriander in a pestle and mortar make a fragrant paste.
- Put the sugar into a pan with 3 tbsp water and place over a medium heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and boil until the syrup thickens.
- Carefully, stir in the paste, fish sauce and rice vinegar, turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then pour into a sterilized jar.
In with the paste, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and the tomato purée.
I love this zingy sauce and I must admit,
it’s so worth making your own.