“I have a wealth of uses,
but the biggest ones are for soups,
salads, sandwiches and stir-fry dishes.”
~ Chi Lang
I am a happy cook, love making stir fry dishes,
so I guess I have my uses too!
This chicken stir fry is colourful and hot!!!
Mix the Sriracha and soy to make the marinade.
Chop the chicken, add garlic and ginger, then half the sauce.
- 400g mini chicken fillets
- 4 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 carrot,cut into matchsticks
- 4 baby corn, thickly sliced diagonally
- 8 mangetout , trimmed, thickly sliced diagonally
- 3 spring onions, 2 cut into 3cm lengths, 1 for garnish
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Handful of cashew nuts
Now prepare the vegetables: baby corn, carrots and mangetout.
Sliced spring onions and this chilli is optional 🌶
Stir fry the marinated chicken in batches.
- Mix the Sriracha and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine chicken, half with the sauce mix, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the peanut oil, cook chicken, in batches, until just cooked, then transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the wok clean.
- Add remaining peanut oil and sesame oil to wok over high heat, add carrot and baby corn and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add mangetout, onion and chilli, stir-fry until vegetables are just tender.
- Return chicken to wok, add cashews and remaining spicy red sauce sauce mix.
- Stir-fry until heated through, then sprinkle on the cashew nuts and some fresh thin slices of green bring onion.
Stir fry the vegetables, back in with the chicken,
more sauce and then the cashew nuts.
Now time to make some Fried Rice.
Serve with fresh lime wedges and prawn crackers.
Another Saturday eat-in!