“When I’m frazzled,
I firmly believe that the tray-bake
is the safest way to go”
~ Nigella Lawson
It doesn’t matter if you are cooking for two,
or feeding a guest-load of people,
tray-bakes are easy and stress-free!
Let’s throw it together!
Feta, black olives, oregano and vine-ripened tomatoes,
a colourful food-fest!
- 300g new potatoes, sliced lengthways
- 2 banana shallots, quartered
- 2 tbs chilli infused olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 6 chicken pieces, thighs & drumsticks
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 50g black olives
- I lemon, cut into wedges
- Sprigs of fresh oregano
- 100g feta, cubed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Layer up the potatoes, garlic, shallots, chicken, and lemon,
season, generously drizzle on the chilli oil, then bake.
Time to get the next stage ready.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Put the potatoes, shallots, garlic and lemon wedges in a roasting tin.
- Nestle in chicken pieces and drizzle over the chilli infused oil.
- Season with sea salt, paprika and black pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, olives, oregano leaves and feta, then drizzle with the red wine vinegar.
- Return to the oven for another 25-30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze the garlic from it’s skin with the back of a spoon, then mix with the pan juices.
Topped with oregano and the red wine vinegar,
then ready for the oven again.
I love the little briny-baked cubes of feta,
melting alongside the moist chicken, black olives and sweet tomatoes.
Ready to serve…dive in!