“Today me will live in the moment,
unless it’s unpleasant,
in which case
me will eat a cookie.”
~ Cookie Monster
I saw this on Paulette Le Pore Matzo’s blog,
Check out the Cookie Monster…love it 😂
iPhone 6s in hand, let’s get started!
Star ingredient… stem ginger.
- 70g rolled oats
- 120g plain flour
- 50g stem ginger, chopped
- 70g dark chocolate, chipped
- 70g unsalted butter
- 120g light soft brown sugar
- 3 tbs syrup
- 1tbs boiling water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
Star ingredient….organic dark chocolate.
Flour, oats, ginger and fork-chipped chocolate.
Don’t forget the essential stem ginger!
- Heat oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, pinch of salt, oats, ginger, chocolate chips and stem ginger.
- Melt the butter and sugar with the syrups in a small pan, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda, then add this to the butter mix.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll into golfball sized portions, place on the baking tray, then flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 16 mins, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to rest on the baking tray and firm up.
- Cool on a wire rack, the store in an airtight box.
Melt the butter, sugar and syrup
Add the bicarbonate mix, then add it all to the dry mix.
Roll, flatten, bake and cool.
A chewy, chocolatey delight!
What more can I say?
Oh yum…the stem ginger!