“One of the most loved aspects of curry is its versatility.
Your imagination is the only limitation
when dealing with curry.”
Curry can be cooked in so many interesting ways.
We love this red pepper and prawn version.
Let’s start the red pepper paste!
Red Pepper Paste
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- Fresh ginger, 2cm cube chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 red chillies, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 360g fresh king prawns, deveined
- 300ml chicken stock
- Juice ½ lemon
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Everything in the chopper…
Blitz to make the paste, cook it, then add the stock to make the sauce.
- Place all the paste ingredients, with a good pinch of salt, in a food chopper and blitz until you have a smooth red and spicy paste.
- Heat the oil in a wide deep sauté pan until hot.
- Tip in the paste ingredients and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add enough stock to make a thick sauce, and bring up to the boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Add the deveined prawns, cover with pepper sauce and cook until pink and adjust seasoning to taste.
- To finish, squeeze the juice from a half lemon and sprinkle on a good handful of fresh coriander leaves.
Fresh king prawns, into the sauce and cook till pink.
It’s amazing how the flavours balance out when the lemon juice is added,
then really lifted with the fresh coriander!
Serve with basmati rice, lemon wedges and Homemade Flatbreads.
Our Saturday eat-in…
No carry-outs in this house!