“Chocolate-covered cherries in cookie form,
taste as good as they sound.”
~ James Carpenter
These are extra special, double chocolate cookies…
using hand chopped quality 70% dark chocolate!
Can’t wait to start!
I use a fork to make my chocolate chips.
Flour, oats, cherries, chocolate and cocoa;
colour, texture and great flavour.
- 50g rolled oats
- 110g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 50g glacé cherries, chopped
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped
- 70g unsalted butter
- 120g light soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp syrup
- 1tbs boiling water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
Melt the butter, sugar and syrup,
then watch the bicarbonate do its magic!
Pour the wet mix in to the dry mix…
it’s chocolate-cherry heaven!
- Heat oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, pinch of salt,oats, flour glacé cherries and chopped chocolate.
- Melt the butter and sugar with the syrups in a small pan, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda, then add this to the butter mix.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll into golfball sized portions, place on the baking tray, then flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 18 mins, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to rest on the baking tray and firm up.
- Cool on a wire rack, the store in an airtight box.
Flatten, bake, cool and take in that wonderful smell of chocolate.
Crackly tops give cookies visual texture and a homey look.
Anyone for milk and cookies?