“This Asian style of cooking Sea Bream is delicious.”
~ Kate Evangeli
This whole-fish dish
is full of vibrant colour and flavours.
I do like to serve my fish whole; head and tail on.
My fishmonger scaled and removed the gills.
I cut off all the fins and made slashes on both sides.
- 2 whole cleaned sea bream,
- Fresh ginger,grated
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 limes, juiced and sliced
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
The marinade is amazing…
Lime, garlic, chilli, ginger,
a touch of sweetness and those Asian sauces.
- Preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6
- Clean the fish, remove the gills and any fins, them make 3 slashes into the flesh on each side.
- Season inside and out with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Put 2 whole cleaned sea bream in a foil- lined roasting dish.
- Scatter with and fill the cavities with small bunches of fresh coriander stalks, lime slices and grated ginger
- Mix together the fish sauce, soy sauce and honey fresh ginger, red chilli, coriander leaves, garlic in a pestle and mortar.
- Drizzle, then massage the marinade over the fish, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, basing halfway through the cooking time.
- Baste one final time, then turn on the grill for 5 minutes to crips up the skin.
- To serve, remove the cavity fillings, transfer to a serving plate and with scattering of spring onions, few coriander leaves and wedges of lime.
Flavour inside and out,
making the sea bream moist and so tasty!
I like to serve Sea Bream with Stir Fried Noodles