where my rosemary goes.”
~ Edison Lighthouse
And I do love rosemary,
garlic and lemon
in this tasty mid-week meal!
Thighs and drumsticks are inexpensive to buy.
Mince the garlic,
choose tender shoots of rosemary
and zest and juice the lemon.
- 6 pieces of chicken, drumsticks and thighs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh shoots of rosemary
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
Pile into the pestle and mortar,
then in with the olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slashes in the chicken drumsticks and thighs.
- Put the minced garlic, rosemary, lemon and juice zest in a a pestle and mortar, then add the olive oil and mix well.
- Rub the herb marinade into the chicken, then transfer to a plastic zip lock bag and chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Remove from the fridge and to bring the chicken back to room temperature.
- Arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin and sprinkle on little more lemon zest and freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes baste the chicken with the juices, then continue to roast for 15 minutes, until the meat is cooked and the skin is crispy.
Rub in the marinade,
chill in a food bag
and arrange ready to bake.
Crispy and full flavour.
Serve with a fresh salad and warm flatbread.
Just what I fancied for dinner tonight,