“Thank you tortellini,
for basically being ravioli
that does yoga.”
~ Jimmy Fallon
This quote made me laugh out loud 😂
This is a Spring-styled Minestrone soup
using fresh vegetables and your favourite tortellini-filled pasta.
Banana shallots, diced carrots…sauté till soft.
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh rosemary,chopped
- 1l vegetable stock
- 1 courgette, diced
- 200g fresh tortellini
- 4-6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
Fresh herbs on the windowsill.
Mince the garlic, chop the rosemary, sauté till fragrant.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant.
- In goes the stock and diced courgettes, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.
Courgettes in with the stock, then the tomatoes, and finally tortellini.
The red-wine vinegar is the final star ingredient.
To serve, top with parmesan shavings
and freshly ground black pepper.
p.s. Next week is the Spring Equinox…
so… Souper-Saturday posts will be back in the Autumn 🍁