“Life was so much easier
when Apple and Blackberry
were just fruits.”
But don’t let that put you off…
This Apple and Blackberry jam
is simply delicious!
Let’s make jam!
Granny Smith apples, big juicy berries = great colour and flavour.
- 300g blackberries
- 200g apple, green and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50ml water
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Grinding of black pepper
- 2tbs Chambord liqueur
Core, chop finely and add to the blackberries .
The apples soften and the juice runs from the berries.
- Peel and slice the apples thinly, then put into a large pan with the blackberries and the lemon juice.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes until the apples are soft and the berry juice runs.
- Add the warmed sugar and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and a good grinding of black pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Chambord and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting a point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jam jars ,cool and then pop in the fridge
Sugar, spice, now glossy and nice…
Time to add my go-to jam making liqueur