“As winter fades away,
we find ourselves craving lighter, fresher flavours—
but we’re not quite ready to give up on soup.”
I couldn’t agree more!
So here is a a Spring-like soup for the weekend…
Chop, dice and sauté with the garlic
- 1l good quality chicken stock
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 1 courgette, diced,
- 1 potato, diced
- Handful of fresh peas
- 100g borlotti beans, cooked and drained
- 80g arborio rice, uncooked weight
- Salt, cayenne and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of basil infused olive oil
- Grated parmesan, to garnish
A fine dice really works…in go the frozen peas!
I love the earthy colour of these borlotti beans.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté till soft, then add the carrots and celery.
- Now add the potato, courgettes and then the peas, stir and heat gently.
- Add the stock, the borlotti beans, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to a pan of salted boiling water, then simmer for 12 minutes, drain and set aside till serving.
- Check the soup and season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the cooked rice into a bowl, ladle in the soup, drizzle over some basil infused olive oil, and finally add a grating of fresh parmesan.
Use arborio rice, add olive oil, simmer and drain.
Grate the parmesan, then add the essential basil infused oil.
Time for lunch….dive in.