“Some people are one noodle
short of a stir fry!”
Actually, I don’t mind counting myself as one of these people…
I never take myself too seriously and I do like stir-fries!
Wok at the ready!
Stir fries; jasmine rice, rice noodles, this week egg noodles.
I love coriander…use the leaves and the stalks.
- 2 medium egg noodles nests
- 1 tbs groundnut oil
- Fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 6-8 snow peas, sliced
- 40g frozen peas
- 60g beansprouts
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely, seeds removed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
I use a lot in fresh ginger in my cooking these days.
Prep the vegetables.
Slice the garlic finely.
- Pick the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks, then keep aside for later.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, then peel and matchstick the carrot and ginger.
- Next, rim and finely slice the spring onions, reserving some for the garnish.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again, toss in a little oil and put to one side.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a large wok.
- Add the coriander stalks, garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Next, add the spring onions, carrots and snow peas and then the frozen peas and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked and drained noodles and stir-frying until warm.
- Stir through the soy and fish sauces, then remove from the heat.
- Finely slice the chilli and cut the lime into wedges.
- Divide between bowls, add the spring onion, chilli and the reserved coriander leaves, then serve with the lime wedges.
Cook the noodles, stir fry the vegetables, then add in the noodles.
Colourful and full of flavour!
Perfect with my Thai Sticky Chicken
Now ready to pour a nice glass of red 🍷