“I just figured;
if I was going to make the world a better place,
I’d do it with cookies.”
~ Ana Pascal
These cookies contain all my favourite flavours
and healthy oats too!
Pecans, maple syrup and raisins…yum!
- 70g rolled oats
- 120g plain flour
- 50g pecans , roughly chopped
- 70g raisins
- 70g unsalted butter
- 120g light soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbs boiling water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
Mix the flour, salt, fruit and nuts.
Melt the butter mix, add the bicarbonate, then pour into the dry mix.
- Heat oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, pinch of salt,oats, flour, pecans and raisins.
- Melt the butter and sugar with the syrups in a small pan, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda, then add this to the butter mix.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll into golfball sized portions, place on the baking tray, then flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 16 mins, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to rest on the baking tray and firm up.
- Cool on a wire rack, the store in an airtight box.
Roll, bake and cool on a wire rack.
Honestly, these are delicious!
Watch out for my next cookie recipe…