“I’m a foodie.
I’m not ashamed to say it.”
~ Shay Mitchell
I’m a foodie too and I love the Thai flavours in this dish;
the marinade for the prawns,
the sticky sauce and the of course my Thai Fried Rice.
Where’s my wok?
Let’s devein these bad boys!
Add the prawns to the marinade and chill.
Crispy Prawn Ingredients:
- 200g fresh king prawns
- 1tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs plain four
- 1 tbs corn flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil/ sunflower oil mix for shallow frying
Gently sauté the garlic and ginger.
Allow the sauce to thicken, then add the Sriracha.
Honey Ginger Sauce Ingredients:
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 120ml of runny honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Sriracha (Asian hot chili sauce)
Dip the prawn in egg.
Dredge in the seasoned flours.
- Devein the prawns and set them aside.
- Make the marinade by mixing the soy, lime juice, minced garlic and ginger.
- Pour the marinade into a ziplock plastic bag, add the prawns, seal and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- To make the sauce, heat a little olive oil in a small saucepan, then add garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients except for the Sriracha and whisk.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Taste and stir in Sriracha; great flavour and slight colour change too
- Remove the chilled pawns from the marinade and pat dry.
- First dip the prawns into the beaten egg and coat them in seasoned flour mix.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot and fry the coated prawns a few at a time until they are golden.
- Drain off excess oil by placing them on kitchen paper when removed from the pan.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the crispy prawns
Quickly add to hot oil and fry.
Now make the Thai Fried Rice.
Top with the crispy prawns and pour on the sticky sauce.
This really is a delicious dish;
the prawns have a light coating and the sauce is so tasty!
Frances the Foodie 🍤