“Pesto is rustic and royal all at once, utilising backyard ingredients from the land to make a sauce fit for a king.”
~ Kimberley Stakal
Pesto has so much to offer…
It can be made nut-free and with any of your favourite garden herbs.
I love this version; garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil and lemon juice.
Process, blend or use a pestle and mortar.
It smells great already.
- 1 bunch flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, to taste
Gradually add in the olive oil.
I like a lot of lemon juice!
- Place the chopped parsley into a food processor with the garlic and parmesan.
- Process until smooth.
- Gradually add the olive oil.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This pesto is great with pasta, as a salad dressing,
a topping for vegetables, a dip for tortillas,
a base for pizza and great on bruschetta.
I adore it as a garnish for my Butternut Squash soup.
I like to add pine nuts as a crunchy topping!