“Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store.
Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more,”
This medley of Christmas fruit and spice will have you singing every Christmas song you know.
It’s the festive season in a jar and it’s not from a store!
Cranberries are super versatile.
Oranges and cloves just smell like Christmas!
- 300g cranberries
- 200g strawberries
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 orange, juiced and zest
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 cloves, ground
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 2tbs Cointreau
Chop the cranberries and strawberries.
Grate in the apple and fresh ginger.
In goes the warmed sugar and spices.
Bring to the boil, then cook till glossy and thick.
- Put all the cranberries and strawberries into a blender and coarsely chop.
- Put the chopped fruit into large pan with the orange juice, then grate in the apple.
- Let the fruit cook down until soft, adding extra orange juice or water if needed.
- Add the warmed sugar and spices, then stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the Cointreau and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting a point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars, cool, the pop in the fridge.
Have your sterilised jars ready for the jam.
This jam definitely goes into my family Christmas Hampers.
It’s just perfect for Christmas morning with freshly baked Christmas Scones.