“A balanced diet is a Christmas cookie in each hand.”
Cranberry and orange; a match made in Christmas Heaven!
Baking cookies is so satisfying!
Cream the soften butter and sugar.
Add in the vanilla and egg yolk.
- 250g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 100g dried cranberries
- 2 oranges, zest only
Sift in the flour
In go the cranberries and orange zest.
Roll into a log, wrap and chill.
Slice into discs and spread out on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Pre- heat oven to 180C/ 375 F/ gas 4
- Cream the softened butter and caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg yolk and 2 tsp vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Sift in the plain flour, cranberries and the zest of two oranges and stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Now get your hands in and give everything a really good mix and press the dough together.
- Roll into a thin log, wrap in cling film, then chill or freeze.
- Slice the log into 5mm discs and bake for 10 mins.
Sprinkle with caster sugar and leave for 5 minutes to rest.
Cool on a wire rack until nice and crisp.
These are a melt-in-your mouth delight.
Mind and leave some out for Santa!