“You can cultivate lots of bad habits over a lifetime,but eating sweet potatoes every day isn’t among them.”-Paula Martinac
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 l chicken stock
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- Grinding of sea salt, black pepper and cayenne
Soften the onion and garlic in the chilli oil.
In goes the chopped sweet potato.
Where would I be without my stick blender?
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chilli and warm gently to infuse the oil.
- Now add the onion and garlic, then cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, then blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then top with lime zest and juice.
Season to taste!
For me, the lime juice and zest are star essential; instant zing!
This soup will not disappoint!