“I’m not on a seafood diet.
I see food and I eat it.”
This is a delicious Pâté: perfect for a snack, starter or served as a topping for canapés before dinner.
I use light mayonnaise for this pâté, but feel free to use cream or crème fraîche.
Melt the butter in a shallow pan.
Add the crushed garlic and fresh prawns…yum!
- 25g butter
- 180g raw prawns – peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced and zest
- 3 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chives, snipped
- Few drops of tabasco
- Freshly ground sea salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste.
Pink and full of garlicky flavour.
In goes the lemon juice, zest, tabasco and mayonnaise.
Second blitz with more mayonnaise and chives.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and when hot toss in the garlic and prawns.
- Fry, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Turn the mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cold, put into a blender along with 2 tsp of mayonnaise, the lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 drops of tabasco.
- Blend for about 20 seconds, or until lightly puréed, then season to taste and add the 1 tsp of mayonnaise and chives.
- Blitz for a further 20 seconds then spoon the mixture into a dish, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 1 hour, or until the mixture is firm.
Sterilise the jars as you would for jam.
These clip cars are great to store pâté the fridge.
Time for lunch!