“Any time is biscuit time!”
-Raja R. Archie
These are delightful biscuits; buttery and fruity.
It’s time to bake!
Cream the icing sugar and soft butter.
In goes the flour, cornflour, orange zest and passionfruit pulp.
- 250g butter softened
- 250g plain flour
- 125g icing sugar
- 125g cornflour
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 passion fruit
Mix until it comes together in to a dough.
Flatten the dough balls, the cut into small discs.
Use a fork to make the grid lines…now ready to bake.
The smell of biscuity-orange and passion fruit is amazing!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 325°C , gas mark 3.
- Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cornflour, orange zest and passion fruit and beat until the mixture just comes together.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 16 small balls, flatten slightly into discs and place on baking trays.
- Using a lightly floured fork, press down gently on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I sandwich the biscuits in two batches-
A passionfruit-infused butter cream.
A final dusting with icing sugar before serving…it’s pure melt-in-your mouth deliciousness!
Which one do you fancy trying first?