“Passion fruit are wonderful with strawberries as they give them acidity. A luxurious treat.”
Oh my…I’m not just passionate…I’m really excited to share this recipe; it’s a must try!
I love strawberries and passionfruit, so it was an easy option to decide to make jam.
If you can’t get fresh, frozen strawberries will do the job.
Passion fruit; deliciously exotic and a star ingredient!
- 400g strawberries
- 6 passion fruits
- juice of 1 lemon
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 2 tbs Tanqueray Gin
- A few drops of rosewater
The colour and scent is amazing.
Add warmed sugar to cook the jam quicker and keep it fresher.
Once brought to the boil, the jam will cook in no time.
Add the gin and rosewater, and watch the jam go glossy.
- Remove the stalks and hull the strawberries, halve and scoop out the seeds from the passion fruit and juice the lemon.
- Put the strawberries and passion fruit pulp into a large pan with the lemon juice and watch the juices run.
- Add the warmed sugar and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Tanqueray Gin and a few drops of rosewater and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting a point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars, cool, the pop in the fridge.
Have the jam jars prepped and ready.
Have some chilled saucers at the ready to test the readiness of the jam.
Honestly, this is a keeper…please give it a go.