“Carrots are devine…You get a dozen for a dime,
– Bugs Bunny
Okay…maybe not for a dime these days Bugs, but still cheap and great value.
Just what I need for my Spicy Carrot and Coriander Soup!
The spices and herbs make this my version of Carrot and Coriander.
Chop and slice the carrots…okay…you can eat a few too!
Now chop the onion.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g carrots, washed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1litre vegetable stock
- Bunch chopped fresh coriander
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.
The cumin and nutmeg smell amazing!
Cook till the carrots and onions are soft.
A star ingredient for this soup…love coriander 💚
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cumin seeds and nutmeg and heat gently to infuse the flavours.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots and garlic and sauté until they soften.
- Stir in the ground coriander and season to taste.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until the carrots are really tender.
- Now add in the fresh coriander.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender blender.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with a sprig for fresh coriander.
Where would I be without my hand blender?
Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
I’m so glad it’s soup season,