“Jelly on plate, jelly on a plate, wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate.”
-Traditional Nursery Rhyme
Please note….this jelly is for adults only!
Passion fruit, oranges and Cointreau…my kind of jelly!
Pare the zest from the oranges.
Juice the oranges.
- 4 sheet of gelatine
- 4-6 large oranges
- 200 ml of hot freshly squeezed orange juice
- 300ml of cold juice
- 50ml Cointreau
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 2 passion fruit
Soak the gelatine in cold water.
Whisk the gelatine into the juice, Cointreau, icing sugar and orange zest.
Pour into moulds and top with the passion fruit.
- Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Pare the oranges and cut the zest into fine strips.
- Squeeze the oranges, then add water to make up to 500ml.
- Heat gently 200ml of orange juice, zest, cointreau and the icing sugar.
- Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze out excess water from the gelatine and whisk into the warm orange juice and Cointreau.
- Top up with the cold juice, stir.
- Rinse the moulds with cold water, then almost fill with the jelly mixture.
- Scoop out the seeds from the passion fruit, then top up the mould with more jelly.
- Leave to cool completely the refrigerate overnight to set.
- To serve, dip the mould into some hot water, to loosen the jelly from the sides, then turn out on to a plate.
Heat a few spoonfuls of Juicy Orange & Basil Jam to make a lovely syrup for the jelly.
Top with some Candied Peel.
Fresh, fruity, an impressive adult jelly…now serve with a Cointreau shot!