“Too much of a good thing is simply wonderful!”
– Deborah Fox-Rothschild
This is a wonderful mix of my favourite ingredients…What’s not to love?
Soak the cranberries in Cointreau…mmmm…
Juice the oranges and zest the skins.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g soft dark sugar
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 oranges, juiced and made up to 240ml with milk
- 300g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- Orange zest
- 2tbs cointreau
- 100g dried cranberries
Sift in the dry ingredients.
Add in the orange zest, then mix.
Time to tip in those liqueur-soaked cranberries.
Add the wet to dry ingredients and mix…don’t worry about the lumps.
- Soak the cranberries in cointreau, cover and chill in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400/°F/gas mark 6 and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, add the oil, orange juice and milk, then whisk in the sugar, until dissolved.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa power, orange zest and cointreau soaked cranberries. and then roughly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases; two thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to touch.
- Leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Into the oven you go!
The chocolate-orange smell is amazing!
To serve, dust with icing sugar and top with candied orange peel.
These muffins are lovely heated for 10-15 seconds in microwave and served with ice cream!
Think I’m getting into a festive-flavour mood…must be the cranberries,