“I’m wild for any mushroom, although the oyster,
with its fluttery caps and velvety white stems,
is especially alluring.
When I want a treat, I make this sauce; lovely with chicken, steak or pork.
Add meat-infused stock to these ingredients and the sauce will come alive.
- 2tbs olive oil
- 8-10 large oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4tbs flavoured stock
- 150ml single fresh cream
- Freshly ground sea salt, black pepper and a touch of cayenne.
Shallots add a lovely sweetness to this sauce.
First sauté the shallot and garlic.
These bad boys are the star ingredient!
- Heat seasoned olive oil in a pan and sauté the diced shallots, then add the minced garlic and finally add the sliced oyster mushrooms, until the mushrooms soften, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Add some cooking stock from whatever main dish you are serving.
- Pour in the cream; bring to a boil, the quickly reduce the heat, as the sauce thickens.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of cayenne.
The flavoured stock with the cream is yummy!
It really is delicious with my Braemar Chicken.