“Black Pudding…It brings a richness to the dish and enhances the flavour of food.”
Chicken Braemar is a classic marriage of black pudding and chicken.
Scottish black pudding, chicken and pancetta….yum!
This air-dried pancetta keeps the chicken moist and adds a wonderful smoky flavour.
- 2 skinless medium chicken breast fillets
- 1 slice of black pudding
- 8-10 slices of pancetta
- 1tbs of olive oil
- Freshly grounds sea salt & black pepper
Crumble the black pudding.
Fill the pocket with the crumbled black pudding.
Wrap in slices of pancetta and drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200° C/400°C/Gas 4.
- Cut into the meaty part of the chicken breasts, making a pocket.
- Fill with crumbled pieces of black pudding.
- Close the pocket, then wrap each chicken breast using 3 slices of pancetta.
- Place the chicken in a foil-made dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 mins, until the cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and let is rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove any cooking liquor to add to a cream based sauce.
- To serve, cut in half to expose the black pudding.
Pour over an Oyster Mushroom Sauce and serve with seasonal vegetables.
If you’re feeling really adventurous, why not fill the chicken with some Scottish Haggis for a change!
Time for dinner,