“Only the man who is not hungry
says the coconut has a hard shell.”
Fortunately, no coconuts to crack for this recipe…
it uses desiccated coconut…and I hope you are hungry!
Just a few ingredients needed today.
Chambord Liqueur Raspberry Jam and coconut…a perfect match!
I use vanilla- infused golden caster sugar for these biscuits.
- 60g butter, softened
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 150g plain flour
Add the flour to the creamed coconut mixture.
Roll the dough balls in coconut.
Flatten and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Pre- heat the oven 180°C/ 375°F/gas mark 4
- Cream the butter and sugar into a bowl by beating them together until smooth.
- Add the beaten egg and beat again.
- Reserve 2 rounded tablespoons of coconut and add the rest to the creamed mixture and then the flour.
- Mix all the ingredients together to give a smooth, firmish dough.
- Divide the dough, roll each piece into a ball, then roll them in the reserved coconut.
- Flatten the balls to about 4-5cm in diameter and place them on the parchment lined baking.
- Make a thumbprint on top of each biscuit and fill with jam.
- Bake the biscuits in the centre of the oven for 15mins, or until they are a light-golden colour.
- Leave the biscuits to cool for a few minutes, then move on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fill the thumbprint with jam, then bake in the oven.
Cool on a wire rack.
Yummy, crumby coconut and raspberry…time for another tea-break,