“Raspberry jam is the queen of red fruit jams.”
My special ingredient for this jam is Chambord Liqueur; an infusion of red and black raspberries, Madagascar vanilla and XO cognac; just perfect for this special reserve jam.
I love making jam!
Wash, then sterilise your jam jars.
- 500g raspberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 2tbs Chambord
Pick unblemished berries without the hulls.
Raspberries with break up quickly in the lemon juice.
Glossy and ready for the Chambord now!
- Put the raspberries into a large pan with the lemon juice and watch the juices run.
- Add the warmed sugar and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Chambord and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting a point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars, cool, the pop in the fridge.
Leave to cool in jars before sealing and refrigerating.
This jam is delicious with any type of sweet scone and is perfect for a Cream Horn filing too.