“The salt of the ham helps bring the flavour of the cheese and chicken together.”
Swiss cheese, chicken, basil, parma ham…perfect!
This is simple to do and tastes great too!
Fill the pockets with basil leaves and gruyère cheese.
- 2 skinless medium chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices parma ham
- 4 large basil leaves
- Thin slices of gruyère cheese
- Bunch of tomatoes on the vine
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkling of oregano
- Freshly grounds sea salt & black pepper
Wrap in the parma ham.
Have the tomatoes prepped and ready to roast.
Snow Peas make a great colour contrast side dish!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ gas mark 6
- Cut into the meaty part of the chicken breasts, making a pocket.
- Fill with two large basil leaves and thin slices of gruyère.
- Close the pocket, then wrap each chicken breast using two slices of Parma ham
- Place the chicken in a foil-made dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 mins, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Place the tomatoes into the oven, cooking them for 10-15 mins.
- To serve cut the chicken in half to expose the melted cheese and basil.
The ham is crispy, the chicken inside moist.
Simply serve with snow peas, a fresh green salad and lemon wedges.