“Marmalade in the morning has the same effect on taste buds
that a cold shower has on the body.”
Personally, I’m not keen on cold showers or marmalade!
However, I love jam and oranges…so here is my fresh and fruity basil infused Orange Jam.
Love the smell of freshly peeled oranges!
- 500g jaffa oranges
- 1 tbs fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 1tbs Cointreau
Shred the basil…pare and zest the orange peel.
The oranges will break up quickly.
In with the Cointreau and basil….delicious!
- Peel and segments the oranges into a large bowl to catch all the juices.
- Heat the oranges, juice some orange zest,with the lemon juice, then simmer till the fruit is soft.
- Add the warmed sugar, then stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the Cointreau, allow the alcohol to burn off, then add in the shredded basil leaves.
- Stir and cook until glossy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Cooling in the pan allows the jam to settle.
- Pour into sterilised jars, leave to go cold, seal and chill till ready to use.
Have the jars prepped and ready to fill.
Honestly, this is so nice and not at all like marmalade!
I do enjoy making jam,