“When I cannot write a poem,
I bake biscuits and feel just as pleased.”
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Chocolate and walnuts almost done….time to bake biscuits and have some fun~couldn’t resist the rhyme ☺
Cream the icing sugar and soft butter.
Fluffy buttercream now!
- 250g butter
- 250g plain flour
- 125g corn flour
- 125g icing sugar
- 50g chocolate drops
- 25g Walnuts, crushed
- Golden caster sugar for decoration
Fold in all the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
Roll into logs, cover in clingfilm and chill.
Cut into slices and bake in a hot oven.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/gas mark 3
- Cream soft butter and the sugaring a mixing bowl.
- Sieve both flours, then fold in with the chocolate drops and crushed walnut, then mixing well to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into 2 logs.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into discs and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until light brown in colour.
Sprinkle with golden caster sugar!
Time to put the kettle on,