“Use just three ingredients to make this wonderfully elegant dessert for family or friends.”
Posset is a velvety custard made of citrus, cream, and sugar and should taste sweet, tangy and creamy.
The golden caster sugar gives a lovely flavour to this dessert.
I add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 300ml double cream
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 large lemon zest and juice only
After the boiling, whisk and feel the mixture begin to firm up.
Once cooled, pop into the fridge to chill and set.
- Pour the double cream and the sugar into a large pan over a low heat and bring to the boil slowly.
- Boil for three minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk well.
- Pour the lemon cream mixture serving glasses and refrigerate for three hours or overnight if possible.
I serve this posset with fresh raspberries and my Lemon Shortbread: perfect to scoop out all that creamy custard!
Indulgent, but so good,