“A salad is not a meal. It is a style.”
– Fran Lebowitz.
I hope you enjoy the style of this salad.
Crispy pancetta, apple, nuts and pomegranate add flavour and crunch; complementing the soft, creamy avocado, making this a super salad!
Avocados are superfoods and I love them!
- 1 ripe avocados, stoned and cubed
- ½ apple, cored and diced
- 2 slices pancetta
- 10g pine nuts
- 10g pomegranate seeds
- ½ lemon
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- Fresh salad leaves
Crispy pancetta; just the job!
Add those apple slices to soak up the pancetta juices.
Add the creamy avocado to the salad leaves.
- Fry the pancetta slices in a dry pan till crispy and set aside.
- Now put the apple slices in the pan, sauté them in the pancetta juices, then remove.
- Finally, lightly toast the pine nuts.
- Lay the salad leaves in a serving bowl and add the slices of avocado.
- Mix in the the pancetta, apple and toasted pine nuts.
- Sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle over the salad with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Layer on all the other ingredients.
Mix and serve… for my autumnal avocado lunch-for-one…yum 😋