“Jelly on plate, jelly on a plate, wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate.”
-Traditional Nursery Rhyme
The basic recipe is simple~ Liquid + Gelling Agent = Jelly
I’m using pomegranate juice and fresh seeds for this jelly…oh and a dash of Ruby Port.
- 4 sheet of gelatine
- 200ml of hot pomegranate juice
- 300ml of cold juice
- 50ml Ruby Port
- 1-2 tbs icing sugar
- Fresh pomegranate seeds
Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and set aside.
Soak the gelatine sheets, then squeeze out the excess water.
Whisk in the gelatine to the pomegranate juice mixture.
- Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat gently 200ml of pomegranate juice, port and the icing sugar.
- Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze out excess water from the gelatine and whisk into the warm pomegranate juice and port.
- Top up with the cold juice, stir.
- Rinse the moulds with cold water, then almost fill with the jelly mixture.
- Pop in some fresh pomegranate seeds, then top up the mould with more jelly.
- Leave to cool completely the refrigerate overnight to set.
- To serve, dip the mould into some hot water, to loosen the jelly from the sides, then turn out on to a plate.
Into the fridge you go!
Serve with pouring cream and fresh cranberries; they give a great fruity crunch to this jelly.
Hope you like it,