“Give man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.”
I just wish my hubby knew how to catch sea bass; it’s my one of my favourites!
It’s Friday and it’s fish for dinner tonight!
First drizzle olive oil over the peppers and garlic.
I love roasting vegetables!
- 2 sae bass fillets
- 2 red peppers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp baby capers
- ½ unwaxed lemon
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt flakes
- Fresh parsley
These baby caper add a salty and crunchy bite to this dish.
Anchovies: small fish, big flavour!
Coated in lemon juice and oil…yum!
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6.
- Cut the peppers in half, smash the garlic, season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then add in the chilli and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Pop all the roasted vegetables in a plastic food bag to cool.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers, then tear the flesh into long strips, strip the skin from the garlic and remove the seeds from the chilli.
- Arrange in a foil baking tray with the chopped anchovies, capers, lemon slices, then pour over the lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and mix to cast all the vegetables.
- Place the sea bass fillets on top, season with sea salt and drizzle the rest of the olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the fish and warmed salad with a scattering of pine nuts, fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Into the oven…time to prepare the creamed potatoes.
Serve the fish on bed of creamed potato and arrange the warm pepper salad around it.
Don’t forget that glass of wine…it’s Friday after all,