“I’m a good egg, just a little cracked and scrambled!”
-Good Egg Quotes
Egg Muffins are a delicious and healthy breakfast option:
perfect to bake ahead, take with you for food on-the-go, or for a mid-morning break at work.
Let’s get cracking!
- 12 large eggs
- 5 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 6 sun-kissed tomatoes
- 6 shallots
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 6 mushrooms
- Chopped parsley
Crisp up that pancetta!
Break the crispy pancetta into the sauté vegetables, then add to the egg mixture.
Pour into the muffin moulds and sprinkle with parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Chop the tomatoes, shallots and mushrooms.
- Place pancetta in a pan and let it cook in its own fat till crispy, then lay aside to cool.
- Now sauté the shallots and mushroom in the pan until soft.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season with salt and lots of pepper
- Stir the pancetta, tomatoes and sauté vegetables into the egg mixture, pour into greased 12 cup muffin tin and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Serve warm or keep for later, just reheat for 1 minute in a microwave.
When ready, they will be well risen, firm to touch and golden.
Ready to eat or store in the fridge to use later!
Sometimes I add sausage to these muffins and mixed peppers; great for adding colour.
Time for breakfast,