“Whether grilled or pan-roasted, there’s a pork tenderloin recipe for every taste and occasion.”
This is my Sunday dinner-for-two recipe, but you can easily adjust it to feed the family.
Fresh and fragrant…
Score the meat deeply and in a diamond fashion.
- 500g Pork Loin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Lemon zest
- 6 shallots
Unwaxed lemons are best for zest.
Remove the thyme leaves from their stalks.
All prepared…pop in the oven!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F Fan/Gas 6.
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork in a diamond pattern.
- Rub the skin all over with olive oil, then rub in the salt, thyme and lemon zest.
- Place in a deep-sided roasting tin.
- Quarter the shallots and place around the pork.
- Add enough water to cover the base of the pan; this will keep the pork moist.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, check if the skin is crispy, then remove and rest.
- Use the juices and shallots from the pan to make a tasty sauce.
Smells amazing…can’t wait to carve and serve!
Sunday Dinner: roast pork, shallot sauce, crushed potatoes and sautéd asparagus.
In fact, succulent and tasty for any day of the week,