“When life gives you lemons, throw it back and say,
“I said I wanted a mango!”
This luscious fresh mango jam is a sweet delight…
And yes, you’ve guessed it…a wee hint of Cointreau with citrus and spice too!
Prepping the mango is easy and fun to do!
Have your sterilised jars at the ready; this jam cooks quick!
- 500g mango cubed
- ½ tsp ginger
- Juice of ½ citrus (mix lemon & lime)
- Lime zest
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 1tbs Cointreau
Love seeing the green zest on yellow mango flesh!
I make a lemon and lime juice mix to put in with the mango.
Stir in the warm sugar and watch the fruit break up.
- Put the cubed mango into a large pan with the lemon/lime juice, some lime zest and heat gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the warmed sugar and ginger and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes; this jam cooks really quick!
- Add the Cointreau; one of my favourite liqueurs, and stir for about a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 mins.
- Pour into sterilised jars, leave to go cold, seal and put in the fridge.