“All you need is love.
But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
I’m sure you will love these Chocolate Muffins; packed with chocolate chips,
walnuts and a little cinnamon spice to make them extra nice!
Let’s get started!
Sift all the dry ingredients…cocoa smells good!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g soft dark sugar
- 240ml milk
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 300g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 100g chocolate chips
- 50g walnuts chopped
Add the walnuts and chocolate chips, it let’s them get coated with flour; less chance of sinking.
Add the wet mix to the dry, mix roughly and don’t worry about any lumps.
Filled and ready for the oven now!
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400/°F/gas mark 6 and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, add the oil and milk, then whisk in the sugar, until dissolved.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa power, cinnamon, chocolate chops and walnuts and then roughly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases; two thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to touch.
- Leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Cool on a wire tray.
These muffins are moist, not too rich and the walnuts give the added texture I love.
Hope you enjoy them too,