“You have to live life to its full chorizo.”
The beauty of this dish; it’s all roasted in one pan…
full of lemony garlic flavour and that kick of chorizo and chilli that I crave!
Throw these ingredients together for a super supper dish.
I love seeing the garlic smashed and nestled among the chicken and potatoes!
- 6-8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, skin on
- 200g of chorizo sausage
- 800g of potatoes, cut into chunks, skins left on
- 1 bulb of garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 tbsp of basil infused oil
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 pepper – I like to mix red & green
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Sprinkle of parsley and cayenne pepper.
- Grinding of sea salt and black pepper
Add the chorizo with the chilli and peppers 30 minutes into the cooking time.
Smells great already, but back in the oven you go!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Place the chicken, skin-side up, in a large roasting tin with the chunks of potatoes.
- Scatter wedges of red onion among the chicken and potatoes.
- Lightly crush the garlic cloves, leaving the skin on, and nestle among the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle the basil infused oil, add the chicken stock, then season with a grinding of sea salt and black pepper.
- Squeeze the lemon, then add the juice and the juiced halves of lemon to the tray.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cayenne.
- Bake for 50 minutes, adding the chorizo, peppers and chilli 30 minutes into the cooking time.
- Once the chicken fully cooked, remove from the oven, then rest before serving.
I usually set the tray out on the table and we all help ourselves…
Why not try some for yourself?