“When life hands you lemons use the opportunity to add some zest to your life.”
-The Daily Quibble
Today I want to zest up my muffins…hope you enjoy them!
Regimated and at the ready!
As soon as you add the grated lemon, the citrus zing hits you!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 240ml milk
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 300g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 lemons-grated rind
- Icing sugar
Fill two thirds full…can you see the lemon?
See how much they have risen!
Prepare the drizzle topping whilst the muffins are cooling.
- Preheat oven to 200C and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, add the oil and milk, then whisk in the sugar, until dissolved.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, grated lemon rind and then roughly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases; two thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool.
- Make the lemon drizzle topping by mixing icing sugar and lemon juice.
Lovely, lemony, zesty zing and definitely going along to our local fundraising event…