“Have blueberries whenever you are low –
destiny will change and you will be high”
You will certainly not be feeling low after you have tasted my innovative Blueberry Jam…
Do you like this week’s ingredients?
Rinse the fruit with fresh water.
Wash the jars, leave on a clean tea towel, then sterilise; Jamie Oliver’s method works well for me.
- 500g blueberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- juice of ½ lemon
- Lemon zest
- 250g jam sugar (the one with pectin added)
- 1tbs Amaretto
Once the juices run, add the sugar and watch the magic happen…
- Put the blueberries into a large pan with the lemon juice, some lemon zest and heat gently the juices run.
- Add the warmed sugar and cinnamon and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the Amaretto; the smell will be amazing!
- Remove the pan from the heat and test for setting point by putting a little of the hot jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about for 10 mins.
Pour the jam into warm clean jars, cool, cover and put in the fridge.
Now it’s time for tea, toast and blueberry jam,