“Bake with love..”
Everyone loves muffins, perfect to share with friends over a fresh pot of tea…
Love seeing those paper cases waiting to be filled!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 240ml milk
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 300g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Flakes of sea salt
Whisk, then sift in the dry ingredients.
I like to add a surprise filling of crushed pecans and my Salted Caramel Sauce.
Two thirds filled and ready for the oven.
- Preheat oven to 200C and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, add the oil and milk, then whisk in the sugar, until dissolved.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and then roughly mix. Don’t over work or worry if there are some lumps.
- Spoon some mixture into muffin cases, add some crushed pecan and a teaspoon of salted caramel sauce.
- Spoon in more mixture into the muffin cases till they are two thirds full and top with more crushed pecans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden.
Good enough to eat now, warm and straight from the pan, but I like to be a bit more indulgent…
Top with a whole roasted pecan, more salted caramel and a light grinding of sea salt….
Watch out for more of my muffin recipes,