“Think feta is just for Greek salads?
Feta cheese is sharp, salty and satisfying. I use it in salads, pasta, pizza and pastry, but it deserves to be centre stage, so here is my version of a really easy and tasty baked feta dish.
I so love Mediterranean flavours!
- 200g pack feta cheese, drained
- A few strips of red pepper, thinly sliced
- Some pitted black olives, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, or ½ tsp dried
- 2 tbsp chilli infused olive oil
- Good grinding of black pepper
Even before baking, this looks good enough to eat!
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- In a bowl, mix the peppers, olives, garlic, oregano, chilli infused oil and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Place the block of feta in a ceramic baking and serving dish.
- Pile the pepper and olive mixture on top of the feta and cover with the lid.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has softened and melted.
- The oil will be bubbling and the smell amazing.
Serve straight from the dish. The cheese will be soft and flavoursome; great with crusty bread, pittas wraps, in fact anything you can think to of!
You know what they say…”Everything’s a bit better with a bit of feta!”