“A friend that steals your tortilla chips,
is Nacho friend.”
Fancy a heathy alternative to store bought tortilla chips?
Why not make your own using flour or corn tortillas?
- 1 packet of soft flour tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grinding of sea salt and black pepper
Brush on the olive oil.
- Heat the oven to 200° C.
- Brush or spray both sides of the tortillas with the oil, then cut into triangles with scissors.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 4-5 mins.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt again and set aside.
Cut, season and bake for 4 minutes.
For perfect Nachos, cover with grated cheese, heat under the grill till the cheese bubbles, then serve with my homemade Simple Salsa and Holy Moley Guacamole. Don’t forget a good dollop of soured cream!
p.s These nachos are for sharing…