“When one has tasted watermelon he knows what the angels eat.”
I love watermelon…it’s fruity, refreshing, mouth-watering and it’s good for you!
Watermelon is not just all sugar, sweetness and water:
- It’s full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is low in calorie.
- Eat it for breakfast; it’s great for the digestive system.
- It’s perfect for that healthy mid-day snack.
- Summer salads would not be the same with out it.
- Why not try grilling it on the BBQ?
- Fancy a watermelon mojito or an alcohol-free punch?
Watermelon is just so versatile!
I have been inspired by the many recipes to be found here on WordPress and on Pinterest. In fact, everywhere I look, all my favourite food channels and websites are singing the praises of this amazing food source.
This week I have put together some of my favourite flavours and textures and decided to enjoy some seasonal salads.
- Black olives
- Feta cheese
This is an anything goes recipe. Just chop up anything you fancy: parma ham, pine nuts, then add a dash of basil infused oil, and season to taste. So simple, so good….
It’s colourful, satisfying and well balanced.
I guarantee you will feel angelic after eating this watermelon medley of summer sunshine!